Thursday, 24 March 2011

Last Day of Editing.

The last day of editing.
As the deadline was looming fast I made our last lesson of media a very effective and useful one by trying to finish everything off in the space of 3 hours. 
We had most of the things we needed before this day, the only thing needed to be done was the sound and presentation. The group split up which made it easier and faster for everyone to do their work. 
1st Half of the lesson.
In the first half of the 3 hours I was working on the editing with help from Sayf. I just needed to make the title sequence look presentable for the audience and also 'professional' so it didn't take me that long to do that, but we had a slight problem with the ending. I wasn't sure about the ending and so was the rest of the group. Although we knew why we showed an empty church we thought that the audience wouldn't understand, so I showed it to several other class mates and they didn't really understand the ending. Sayf and I were planning how to end the thriller. I played the clip over and over again and I thought it would was good to leave a big cliff hanger if we ended it to when the guy taps the psycho on the shoulders as it leaves the audience in suspense.
2nd Half of the lesson.
In the second half, I went to help Ryan out with the sound. Whilst I was with Sayf, Ryan played around with 'Soundtrack Pro' to see whether there was something else that could be added to the bag swap sound track. 
he created a new soundtrack for the opening as he realised that the music should be spooky as our thriller was a psychological thriller and not an action thriller. When I first heard the track I didn't think it fit in that well but thinking about it again I came to conclusion that it made the opening seem more spooky which allowed it to be a psychological thriller.

After the lesson
I decided to stay after the lesson to finish of the opening as I wasn't satisfied. So I fixed up the opening with a few changes to the font of text used in the title sequence and I also made a few minor changes. I thought that we was missing an Ident so I looked around for different idents and decided to use the college ident which is called 'CandiStudios'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment