Thursday 24 March 2011

Evaluation of Thriller Opening "Reap As You Sow"

I thought that the opening turned out quite good but not as good as I thought it would, since I had really high expectation of it, and when I say high expectation I meant Hollywood made. Although it didn't turn out as good as I thought it would be, I thought that the whole thing worked as a whole. The music fit in very well with the opening and it also added more tension to the opening as it was very spooky.

Seeing our storyboard, we had a few scenes missing like the scene of the psycho washing bloods off his hands. We decided not to include this because we thought that it just did't fit in well with the other flash backs. Another thing which we cut out was the use of a rope, we just thought that the rope was a bit too extreme and thought 'why would anyone carry a rope around?'.

The font used in the title sequence was called 'Gill Sans'. I wanted to use something which was San serif and yet suitable for a thriller. 

If I could re-do anything then I would have got more close ups of the strangling scene and also have different angled shots. I would also include more props to represent something or be a symbol of something.


No comments:

Post a Comment