Sunday 3 April 2011

Evaluation Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

 I personally believe that my media product mainly represents the young adults/old teenagers social group, who are mainly stereotyped as trouble makers (yobs).

I was pretty sure that i wanted the main protagonist in my opening played by Ryan Cameron, to follow the dress code of black casual clothes, mainly because i thought it would be right to make the culprit look like an ordinary young adult in current times. As you can see below left Ryan wore a black quilted jacket, with light blue jeans and black boots. The clothes worn by Ryan reflect many of the characters clothes/dress code in adulthood below right,  I was eager for Ryan to appear similar to what a majority of people stereotypically think young adults appear as.





Pretty much like Sam (played by Noel Clarks) in Kidulthood and Adulthood.

As i viewed my opening over and over again a numerous of times i found that the are many comparisons to the culprit in my opening and Sam in Kidulthood and Adulthood such as;
  • The were a number of stereotypical comments from other contemporary film makers saying that the main protagonist in my opening is;

    • Sly
    • Insecure
    • Deluded
    • Mentally Abnormal  
The also appears to be comparisons in shots such as the tracking shot in my opening where we see the culprit walking through the middle of greenery (park) with his hands in his pockets suggesting he lacks confidence/self esteem.





Sam similarly walks  through the middle of greenery with his hands in his pocket wearing blue jeans.
The only difference is that Sam walks through a grave instead of a park and is filmed using a Birdseye view tracking shot instead of a normal tracking shot in my opening.

On the whole my media product mainly represents old teens/young adults, who are mainly stereotyped as trouble makers (yobs).

No comments:

Post a Comment